What is Stackable and how can I get started?
Introduction to Stackable
Do you want to easily build websites on your own with ready-made designs, extensive block collections, UI Kits and more without having to use codes? Whether you're a beginner, designer, marketer, or developer, Stackable would be a good fit for you! 😉
Stackable is the newest product of Gambit Technologies. It's a block library that is used with the WordPress Block Editor, which is the new WordPress drag-and-drop technology. This became the default editor with WordPress version 5.
So you've decided to give Stackable a try. Nice! Here's a quick guide to get you started right away 😉
Download & Install
There are 2 very easy ways to start using Stackable:
1. Through the WordPress Dashboard
- On the left side of your WordPress dashboard, click on Plugins > Add New
- Type in "Stackable" in the search bar on the upper right side
- Once you see Stackable, click Install Now > Activate.
2. Through the Stackable Website
- Download Stackable through wpstackable.com (Free Download button).
- Go to your WordPress dashboard, click on Plugins > Add New
- Click Upload Plugin and use the Stackable file you downloaded
- Once it is uploaded, click on Activate to activate the plugin
Once Stackable is activated, Stackable will appear as a new item in your Admin Menu > Settings where you'll be redirected to our welcome screen.
How to Use Stackable
With Stackable, you can build stunning websites using custom blocks. It's even made easier by our Design Library that has hundreds of ready-made templates.
Adding Stackable Blocks
Add Stackable blocks by clicking the Add Block (+) or Design Library button
If you use the Add Block button, you can choose from the available Stackable blocks in the pink and orange gradient.
- Select the block you want to use and it will be added to your post or page
- You can customize your blocks through the Toolbar and the Inspector. These give you access to a wide range of settings.
Here are some other things you may want to customize:
- Add or change the text: Click the placeholder text then type in your own text.
- Modify text colors & typography: In the inspector, go to Style Tab then click the block area that you want to modify. Change the settings under Typography. You can also highlight selected text from the toolbar.
- Add images: Click the placeholder image icon and a Select or Upload Media pop-up will appear. Just upload the image you want to use.
- Add images or videos as background: Click on Background Settings in the inspector then click the image icon in the Background Image settings.
📌 Tip: You can double click on any block area to immediately open its settings in the inspector!
Our Design Library offers pre-set block designs that you can use for your website sections. They already have pre-set settings for colors, typography, spacing and other block details that taken together provide a specific feel for the block.
- You can view the block designs by clicking on the Design Library button at the top of the editor.
- Pick a block design to add it to the page
- You can then further customize the block to suit your needs
Read more articles on getting started in our Getting Started Guide.