What is Stackable and how can I get started?
Introduction to Stackable
Do you want to be able to easily build websites on your own with ready-made designs, extensive block collections, UI Kits, and more without having to use codes? Whether you're a beginner, designer, marketer, or developer, Stackable would be a good fit for you! 😉
Stackable is the newest product of Gambit Technologies, and it's a block library that is used with the WordPress Block Editor, which is the new WordPress drag-and-drop technology. This became the default editor with WordPress version 5.
You can download Stackable through our website wpstackable.com and the WordPress repository.
So you've decided to give Stackable a try. Nice! Here's a quick guide to get you started right away 😉
Download & Install
There are 2 very easy ways to start using Stackable -
1. Through the WordPress Dashboard
- On your WordPress dashboard (left side), click on Plugins > Add New
- Type in "Stackable" on the search bar (upper right side)
- Once you see Stackable, click the Install Now > Activate.
2. Through the Stackable Website
- Download Stackable through wpstackable.com (Free Download button).
- Go to your WordPress dashboard, click on Plugins > Add New
- Click Upload Plugin, and use the Stackable file you downloaded
- Once it is uploaded, click on Activate to activate the plugin
Once Stackable is activated, a Stackable will appear as a new item on your admin menu > Settings, and you'll be redirected to our welcome screen.
How to Use Stackable
With Stackable, you can make stunning websites using custom blocks. It's even made easier by our Design Library that has hundreds of ready-made templates.
Adding Stackable Blocks
- Add Stackable blocks by clicking Add Block (+) or the Design Library button
- If you use the Add Block button, you can choose from the available Stackable blocks (they're pink and purple ones!)
- Select the block you want to use and it will be added to your post or page
- You can customize your blocks through the Toolbar and the Inspector. These give you access to a wide range of settings.
Here are some other things you may want to customize:
- Add or change the text: Click the placeholder text, and then type in your own text.
- Modify text colors & typography: In the inspector, go to Style Tab, then click the block area that you want to modify. Change the settings under Typography.You can also highlight selected text form the toolbar.
- Add images: Click the placeholder image icon and a Select or Upload Media pop-up will appear. Just upload the image you want to use.
- Add images or videos as background: Click on background settings in the inspector, and click the image icon in the background image settings.
🤓Tip: You can double click on the any block area to immediately open its settings in the inspector!
Our Design Library contains pre-set block designs that you can use to for your website sections. They already have pre-set settings for colors, typography, spacing and other block details that taken together provide a specific feel for the block.
- You can view the block designs by clicking on the Design Library button near the top of the editor.
- Pick a block design to add it to the page
- You can then further customize the block to suit your needs
Need More Information on How to Get Started?
Learn even more through our getting started guide in our documentation area.